Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Should Defcon's Treklit cover "fictional" non-fiction?

At the moment two title's are upcoming for which I'm unsure if I should include them in my coverage or not.

My original plan was and still is to stick to the prose and leave non-fiction works out of this site's coverage. But over the next few months two titles will be published that are on the line between what I could or could not include and represent what I call "fictional" non-fiction:

 Hidden Universes Trave Guide: Star Trek: The Klingon Empire by Dayton Ward
The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard by David A. Goodman

 Since my opinion is flip-flopping on a constant basis I figured I should ask the readers of this blog what I should include and what not, so please take a few seconds and share your opinion.


customer survey

2 comments:

  1. If it were me, I'd include them, maybe in their own category?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about that, but at least at the moment the number of such titles is so small that a separate schedule seems like overkill to me. As the yes options seem to win the poll quite handily (more than 3/4 of the votes) I guess I should come up with a catchier moniker than “fictional“ non fiction, though.

    ReplyDelete